Project Design Manager – SCADA/DAS Engineer
The Project Design Manager – SCADA/DAS Engineer is responsible for the support and execution of SCADA/DAS designs from initial project development stage thru implementation and commissioning. Projects range in size from 5 MW to 10’s of MW utility scale. The role involves the production and management of preliminary and bid level design packages within a team of in-house and outside engineers. It includes prioritizing and resourcing projects of varying sizes and scales, working within a team environment and representing the Engineering team to all internal and external customers. The candidate is expected to have a wide range of experience, varying from building industry and Code-based knowledge applied Utility Scale PV Land Development. Qualified candidates will have strong problem solving skills, being able to apply professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues and unexpected engineering barriers. Candidates will have strong design, communication, and creative problem solving skills.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: San Ramon, CA
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for the oversight of project specific SCADA/DAS design complete with supporting drawings, schematics, points list, and specifications.
- Responsible for working within the Phoenix Solar team as well as other engineering disciplines to manage workload and project pipeline to meet project development needs, including: site audits, identification of design optimization opportunities and constraints, preparation of proposal and project specification documents, evaluation and recommendation of major site architecture and component details.
- Manage design consultants and vendors to meet project workload
- Interaction with Owners, Utilities, and project stakeholders to become familiar with specific project control and reporting requirements for Utility Scale PV solar plants
- Interaction with Phoenix Solar customers, representing Phoenix Solar as a subject matter expert in SCADA/DAS design and functionality
- Interaction with contractors on construction projects to answer questions, review change requests, revise designs as needed to accommodate unanticipated field conditions, etc.
- Field installation, programming, troubleshooting and commissioning of SCADA/DAS systems
Qualifications for the position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related education or equivalent demonstrated industry experience with an emphasis in land development.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in PV Industry Design or in related Power Generation Industry.
- Demonstrable Industry Experience
- Communications with ModBus RTU, TCIP, Network Protocols
- Experience with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition components, software and industry products.
- Fiber Optic Devices and Fiber to Ethernet Converters
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
- Up to 20% domestic travel can be expected
OTHER SKILLS AND STYLE CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
- Knowledge of PV System Layout, equipment and Site Communications Design
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and generating detailed SCADA/DAS drawings
- Ability to coordinate and work within a team to meet project deadlines
- Highly organized and capable of working across multiple projects
- Good communication skills