Senior Construction Manager
This position is the on-site field representative for Phoenix Solar’s construction projects. The Construction Manager is responsible for the execution of the Solar Power Plant installation. They are critical team member working closely with the Project Manager to meet the project goals and exceed the customer’s expectations. They coordinate all of the materials deliveries, subcontractors’ work, and ensure that the systems are installed to the highest level of quality in the safest manner. Senior level Construction Managers may manage single large projects or multiple installations at any given time.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Location: San Ramon, CA or Scottsdale, AZ
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Pre-plans the installation of the Phoenix Solar solution and reviews the contract documents to ensure compliance with all required provisions
- Provides on-site oversight of contractors and is the main day-to-day on site customer interface
- Manages site safety program; includes holding safety meetings, carrying out accident investigations, and ensuring contractor compliance with Phoenix Solar, customer, and government safety guidelines
- Create a site specific safety program including a manual to be used by all employees, contractors, and subcontractors on Phoenix Solar project site
- Implements Phoenix Solar’s Quality Control program to ensure that the system is installed per the manufacturer’s requirements and to the highest level of quality
- Arranges for the delivery of materials; schedules and coordinates the installation of the materials with the customer, subcontractors and inspectors
- Creates detailed weekly coordination schedules
- Provides feedback to Operations and Design Engineering team through daily and weekly update reports
- Closes out the project and is engaged through commissioning and the handoff process with O&M
- May oversee less experienced construction managers on a per project basis
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
Associate degree or equivalent experience
10+ years of commercial construction, carpentry, and/or electrical experience
2+ years of commercial or utility scale solar experience is strongly preferred
5+ years managing commercial construction projects
Candidate is required to have completed 30 hour OSHA training.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Ability to update project reports and communicate clearly with the customer and home office.
Experience setting up remote jobsite office and communications