Senior Project Manager
The primary company representative responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of commercial and utility solar power plant projects. Directs and supervises activities related to project bidding, contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financial projections, and schedule requirements to ensure projects are completed in a high quality, profitable, safe and zero incident manner. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Builds business with current customers by delivering on our promises and creates new business with potential customers in a proactive manner, promoting all of our construction services. The Project Manager, Commercial & Utility Projects shall be responsible for managing multiple installations at any given time.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Location: San Ramon, CA or Scottsdale, AZ
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned work activities through site Construction Managers and subcontractors to insure a cohesive operational unit.
- Strong work ethic; e.g. roll-up your sleeves leader that requires minimal supervision
- Highly focused, organized, analytical thinker who is used to substantial autonomy while ensuring that the customer’s needs a met.
- Flexible to new ideas and new directions and can work in a dynamically changing work environment.
- Highly motivated to develop and implement cost reduction initiatives to meet the changing industry requirements.
- Pre-Construction: Coordinate with the engineering team to plan the design and installation of the Phoenix Solar product and related items and review the contract documents to ensure compliance with all required provisions.
- Works with Phoenix Solar Contracts Manager to resolve contract issues and maintain contract compliance for both owner-facing and subcontractor-facing agreements
- Arranges directly or through subcontractors for the necessary site logistic in terms of site offices,connectivity, utilities connections, etc.
- Work closely with Phoenix Solar’s on Construction Manager for oversight of contractors and trades
- Issues project progress reports and communicates proactively with VP of Operations and other team members.
- Checks the subcontractors progress reports and validate their associated payment requests
- Manages OSHA records and ensures completion of project safety records.
- Enforce Phoenix Solar’s quality control programs
- Manage customer audits and inspections
- Provides main day-to-day customer interface and point of contact
- Develop Project schedules for execution of the work within the project milestones
- Schedules the delivery of the Phoenix Solar products; schedules and coordinates the installation of the products with the customer, subcontractors and inspectors
- Ensures that all ongoing project records and logs are up to date and closed at the end of the project.
- Provides feedback to project development and the Operations Team
- Closes out the project and turns it over to O&M group
- May oversee less experienced project managers on a per project basis
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience
Project Management Training, PMP Certified
Contractors License or ability to become licensed preferred
10+ years of commercial/Utility construction experience
Solar PV experience on commercial or utility scale projects
Knowledge of construction and electrical codes required
Prior project management experience on large scale projects
Experience with electrical systems and wiring is desired
EPC, PPA, Interconnection and site lease contract experience is a plus
Proficiency required in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or P6 Primavera strongly preferred